Unknown hitchiker, majano? Rock flower?

blennylover92

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2025
Messages
7
Reaction score
6
Location
Halifax
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I haven’t posted in a long time. I need some help. I’m trying to figure out if this is a Majano anemone or a rock flower. I found it the other day on my bubble corals skeleton that I just purchased a few days ago. It’s about the size of a pea for reference.

IMG_7459.jpeg IMG_7460.jpeg
 
If I had to pick between the two I’d say majano. But honestly it looks more like some kind of coral, like a blasto or a plate coral or something. I’d be curious to find out if it has a skeleton inside or if it’s all soft.
 
If I had to pick between the two I’d say majano. But honestly it looks more like some kind of coral, like a blasto or a plate coral or something. I’d be curious to find out if it has a skeleton inside or if it’s all soft.
Interesting I never considered. It could be a coral. The reason why I thought it was an anemone is you can see the flesh band of the bubble coral pulling away from it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new