Anemone....what?

Logan A.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i just purchased an anemone rose bubble tip. It looks like a deflated balloon! Will it snap out of this? How long? I'm just a little concerned. I mean it looks healthy its just...deflated...

DieHardPhotog-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i just purchased an anemone rose bubble tip. It looks like a deflated balloon! Will it snap out of this? How long? I'm just a little concerned. I mean it looks healthy its just...deflated...
We're in the same circumstance. We just bought our 1st green BTA Monday and "she" looked OK but really deflated after a 1-2 drop per second acclimation. The water parameters were different from the LFS so we had to be more cautious. If you can, please share some pics of yours. Hopefully, she'll be in good shape when we go downstairs so we'll be posting pics to share the situation and get more advice too.

Areeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're in the same circumstance. We just bought our 1st green BTA Monday and "she" looked OK but really deflated after a 1-2 drop per second acclimation. The water parameters were different from the LFS so we had to be more cautious. If you can, please share some pics of yours. Hopefully, she'll be in good shape when we go downstairs so we'll be posting pics to share the situation and get more advice too.
What’s most likely happening is the anemone is expelling all the water inside of it. My anemone I’ve had for years will do that occasionally it’ll go from dinner plate size to size of a half dollar they usually do it when they are stressed

DieHardPhotog-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s most likely happening is the anemone is expelling all the water inside of it. My anemone I’ve had for years will do that occasionally it’ll go from dinner plate size to size of a half dollar they usually do it when they are stressed

Thanks for the feedback. Late last night she did some traveling within the tank looking for a better spot. Eventually she went back to the general area where she started from. Early this morning, she went to a strange side angle near the original placement.
The wave makers were left off last night after we got her back into original crevice. She puffed up for a little while as we watched her get comfortable in the rock crevice but the lights were going to shut off soon. After the lights were off, she started moving again but not very far.
When they first start, which is more important... to have no-flow or better light. (The LFS told us to leave the wave makers off for 24 hours after initial acclimation. I'm wondering if that was a negative or positive thing to do?)

Areeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback. Late last night she did some traveling within the tank looking for a better spot. Eventually she went back to the general area where she started from. Early this morning, she went to a strange side angle near the original placement.
The wave makers were left off last night after we got her back into original crevice. She puffed up for a little while as we watched her get comfortable in the rock crevice but the lights were going to shut off soon. After the lights were off, she started moving again but not very far.
When they first start, which is more important... to have no-flow or better light. (The LFS told us to leave the wave makers off for 24 hours after initial acclimation. I'm wondering if that was a negative or positive thing to do?)
Really you only want to leave the wavemakers off until the anemone attaches to the rock with its foot.. then turn the lights and pumps on.. because that’s when it’s going to find it’s spot in the tank.. with the amount of flow and light that it likes basically..

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 129 59.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.2%
Back