anemone ?

SmyrnaReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats justifys as a tank ready for an anemone? i know the phrase "established tank" is thrown out there but why and what is needed....i want to get one of those green bubble tip from the critter for my new black clowns but they are in my frag tank which has only been up for a few weeks now. the rock and most of the water came from my established system. just thought i would ask?? please help??

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine... If corals can live in the water so can a nem.... That term established tank is thrown around to much... They say the same with Sps and I have done what you did moved water and rock to a new tank and dropped my sps in day one without issues..

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it will a matter of it moving around. The lack of rock in the tank might make that an issue. And there is always the chance of it getting sucked in a powerhead, and it could sting corals as well. Other than that you should be fine.:neutral:

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats justifies as a tank ready for an anemone? i know the phrase "established tank" is thrown out there but why and what is needed....i want to get one of those green bubble tip from the critter for my new black clowns but they are in my frag tank which has only been up for a few weeks now. the rock and most of the water came from my established system. just thought i would ask?? please help??
Only difference in an Anemone doing well in a system is the fact that they do better in a dirtier environment than a sterile SPS set up for frags. Not saying that it can not be done just IMO make sure it's well fed in a frag tank with little in the way of food in the water column. JMHO
Bill

cungdien

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just setup anemones tank . i take water /rock/sand from dp tank .now i have 8 anemones in all ok 2 mo old
befor i ask every one they said no no. with me i think is ok
DSC_1502.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back