Sebae Anemone

rusty dowell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 265 reef established for years, several tangs and clowns. I was thinking about a purple tip Sebae anemone.
My question is, will my tangs be safe?

coralboi56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 265 reef established for years, several tangs and clowns. I was thinking about a purple tip Sebae anemone.
If anything, I'd be more worried about my tangs eating the nem. But I've never heard of either case happening so you should be good

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I dont see tangs eating them but these are ornamental and very sticky to the touch and May cause issues with fish who get too close

coralboi56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont see tangs eating them but these are ornamental and very sticky to the touch and May cause issues with fish who get too close
Nah, fish are stronger than the nem. Nems are great at catching stationary/very small plankton. For the most part, if a fish swims to close, the force produced from their tail will be enough to scare the nem into closeing for a few minutes.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nah, fish are stronger than the nem. Nems are great at catching stationary/very small plankton. For the most part, if a fish swims to close, the force produced from their tail will be enough to scare the nem into closeing for a few minutes.
I sold these at my LFS and had fish like a panther grouper and humu trigger have these stuck to them and the fish shaking vigorously to get the nem off of them

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back