Anemone

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't bother it at all other than staring at it for 18 hours LOL I never bother my corals other than looking at them unless I absolutely have to move one. I use the coralife light. I am not sure if the light is good enough or if the settings are correct but everything else in my tank is doing super well. I have a bunch of other corals; acans, hammer, tons of zoas, candy cane, birds nest, mushrooms (all different types), plate coral (fungia), pagoda cup, clove, star polyp, jack-o-latern, Duncans and I just recently got this hard coral ( I am not sure what it is if you can tell me what it is. I just fell in love with the color but even the store didn't know). Ill post a pic of it if anyone can tell me what it is.
Chalice

OP
OP
fishgirljockey

fishgirljockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll take a stab at the coral. Looks like a chalice to me. Im not good at id’ing coral though. As for the nem, if its foot is attached and it’s opening it’s best to leave it be. Now, I can only assume that if your light is keeping sps happy it should keep the nem colored. Im just not certain. Sorry I can’t be of much help.
You're right! Its a chalice!

OP
OP
fishgirljockey

fishgirljockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's still footed...looks bleached but not dead at all. It's got all its tentacles out ready to soak up some sun... Why the panic?
You know, now that I really look at it. it is bleached in some spots of its tentacles. What can I do to help it? I lowered the lights to start with but is there anything else I can do?

OP
OP
fishgirljockey

fishgirljockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never considered splitting but yes, they do all kinds of weird things before split`
HE FINALLY MOVED to his usual spot when he was healthy and flowing. Thank God. For days he was deflated and stretched out so far, I mean his foot looked like 5 inches wide that's how much he was stretch out FLAT. Literally looked like a 100 year old vagina. Now, he moved where he is out with the flow - I turned down the lights and that seemed to work. I've had this light for a year and just realized how to work it LOL I have it now at 20% white and 80% blue - overall with both 70%. So its dim but getting more blues but a more faded blue. He did a 180 after I did that. Maybe my lighting was just too harsh - it does sit on the tank right above the water so maybe it was just too much. Hopefully he recovers and is happy now. I just dosed some phyto, so well see in a few days. Ill keep you posted.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
HE FINALLY MOVED to his usual spot when he was healthy and flowing. Thank God. For days he was deflated and stretched out so far, I mean his foot looked like 5 inches wide that's how much he was stretch out FLAT. Literally looked like a 100 year old vagina. Now, he moved where he is out with the flow - I turned down the lights and that seemed to work. I've had this light for a year and just realized how to work it LOL I have it now at 20% white and 80% blue - overall with both 70%. So its dim but getting more blues but a more faded blue. He did a 180 after I did that. Maybe my lighting was just too harsh - it does sit on the tank right above the water so maybe it was just too much. Hopefully he recovers and is happy now. I just dosed some phyto, so well see in a few days. Ill keep you posted.
Great to hear. Now you have an insight on anemone behaviors and how they respond to light and flow.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back