Anemones for newbies?

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

Ramiro Casal

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 24, 2017
Messages
99
Reaction score
39
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the reef aquarium (added my first corals 3 days ago to my 2 month old fowlr) and I am looking for an anemone that will host my clownfish that is pretty easy to take care of and wont mess with my new corals. Any suggestions?
 
I would just like too say that IME anamones do better in a more mature tank ( min 6 months old).. I would strongly suggest that you wait at least another 4 months before adding one ..allow your tank too mature and properly stabilize .. your clown fish will be fine without one until then .. you could look at getting a frogspawn or hammer coral in the meantime .. good luck
 
I agree with Jason my tank is 11 months old and im glad I waited! I've had a teal hammer in there for 9 months and my clowns hosted it till last weekend when i got the nem.
6b75606a9e3af85e99b0b43547b1c6b2.jpg
 
Along with what Jason said, make sure you have appropriate lighting and stable water parameters. Research anemones, their care, and identification.

Being able to select a healthy nem is the first step that many have a hard time with, whether it is they do not know what anemone is suppose to look like like or they can not find a healthy nem.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new