anemones + Power head

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost had a BTA make itself to the power head this morning. I turned it off while I was at work. I got some panty hose and put it around the powerhead. tested it out and got no flow. I can't adjust the speed of the PH since I have the Aqueon Ciculation pump 950. I cut a couple holes in front but still very low flow. I expanded it a little but more and still not much flow. I decided to leave the front wide open. and got good flow. but there was still a problem that the BTA could still get into the front since there was large gaps in the front where it blows the water. I got some egg crate and sip tied it to the front of the power head. although it still has gaps but not nearly as much as there was before. I tested it. I can't even get my pinky finger in there to touch the plastic blade. so I think this will do the trick. if it doesn't i'll double up on the egg crate in front and make the holes smaller.

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made these fairly quick and cheap using acrylic mesh from a hobby store...
20180101_084533.jpg
I did mine somewhat similar.. but with panty hose and then egg crate in the front of the PH. doesn't cut down on the flow and if I can't get my small pinky in there I doubt that I will have any issues.

ireland425

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lowes has mesh for gutters I use to use and it filtered and protected just zip tie on clean once a month ....looks like this and is $7 for 6ft just cut it to fit
815640010032lg.jpeg

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back