Angel fish in a FOWLR tank

Reef0holic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have recently bought a Red Sea reefer 425 G2, and was wondering if you could give me some stocking ideas on angel fish.

thank you-Reef0holic

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do any of the dwarf angel fish in there, coral beauty, flame angel, bicolor, halfblack, eibli, yellow, etc

The only angel out of the large angels I can think of for that size is the bellus angel and indian yellow tail

I personally would stick with one of the dwarfs for this size tank as 4 feet in swimming space is not really sufficient enough for any of the larger angels

OP
OP
Reef0holic

Reef0holic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do any of the dwarf angel fish in there, coral beauty, flame angel, bicolor, halfblack, eibli, yellow, etc

The only angel out of the large angels I can think of for that size is the bellus angel and indian yellow tail

I personally would stick with one of the dwarfs for this size tank as 4 feet in swimming space is not really sufficient enough for any of the larger angels
How many do you think?

MattRG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 angels living together fine in a 125 gallon, with tangs, yellow tail damsels, anthias, hawkfish, 2 clowns, two wrasses, etc...but I have more than double size sump tank for the load, and loads of coral rocks with caves all over. Thought my flame fin tang might kill, as he'd chase for a day or two, but the angels were smaller and he eventually gave up harrassing them. Lemon peel and Flame angel were first, then Coral beauty and larger black velvet. I once tried to put a flame after a larger coral beauty and it did not work. Too aggressive. They need to have lots of hiding places. Others told me no more than 1, but as long as there is lots of filtration and hiding places, it can be done in a more than 100 gallon tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back