Angels and butterflies

That one guy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2015
Messages
97
Reaction score
66
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mix reef 60"x15"x12" and I would like to know if there are any angels or butterflies I can add? I know most of them will pick at corals but which are the ones with a less chance of damaging anything?
 
For butterflies: pyramid and zoster butterflies are quite safe, except with xenia, copperbands are pretty safe except for dusters, but can be wuite difficult to keep, longnoses are safe except for dusters and are easier than copperbands.

For angels; Genicanthus species are reef safe. Centropyge species are hit-and-miss with coral. Any other genera are decidedly less safe.
 
My coral beauty doesn't touch anything but it's well fed
 
IME coral beauties and flame Angels have been safe for me. Just my .02
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new