Fish list for new 250 gallon reef

LoveAquatics

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2024
Messages
17
Reaction score
33
Location
Central Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I posted yesterday but did not have a title plus I have another question. Fish from existing aquariums; 6-wrasses 4-angels (Singapore, bicolor, coral beauty, flameback) 2-butterflies (Pakistan, Indian vagabond). I realize a couple of the angels and the butterflies are questionable but all are in a reef tank of some kind and so far are ok. If down the road that changes I can remove them.
I plan on getting a two spot and Tomini bristle tooth for algae control and am looking for suggestions for a third tang to complement the two. Also is it possible to keep two falco hawkfish together or are there two that can be mixed.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
 
Yellow tang, purple if you brave their usual aggressiom, Convict tang, and/or a tang alternative, a foxface, who also is a good algae eater.
I have had a purple in the past and he was not overly aggressive but may have just been that fish. Have never had a foxface and would like some information from experience before I consider that. Are there any Acanthurus that are not too aggressive or difficult?
 
I have had a purple in the past and he was not overly aggressive but may have just been that fish. Have never had a foxface and would like some information from experience before I consider that. Are there any Acanthurus that are not too aggressive or difficult?
Foxfaces are peaceful utilitarian algae eaters. Model citizens.

As for the Acanthurus, a Convict tang is your best bet here I think.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new