Angler and lion always together

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is a bit weird. My painted angler and fuzzy lion spend a lot of time together.

They both like the spot right in front between the glass and one of the rocks.

Today, the angler, was going for a swim and landed right on the lion!! The lion immediately folded in his spines so I think that means he doesn't see the angler as a threat.

When the lion finally moved, the angler started reaching out with his foot trying to touch the lion again. I actually felt bad!!
IMG_20190811_185806.jpeg
IMG_20190803_185741.jpeg

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must state that I'm extremely ignorant in these matters, My understand, as explained to me years ago when I was interested in an Angler.....single species. You can only have an Angler in a tank by itself....no other fish. Again, I say that with what was said to me years ago.

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must state that I'm extremely ignorant in these matters, My understand, as explained to me years ago when I was interested in an Angler.....single species. You can only have an Angler in a tank by itself....no other fish. Again, I say that with what was said to me years ago.
Ok, thanks for the comment. Not really sure what to do with it.

I've had anglers for 6 years. As long as the angler is the smallest in the tank, it isn't a problem. You just need to make sure that you can feed it and make sure that no one is picking on it.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back