Angler CUC?

Michael A Kurolvech

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2018
Messages
160
Reaction score
169
Location
Buckley, WA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 2yr old SPS dominant reef. I just purchased a 32g cube that will be home to a warty/paint angler. I'm somewhat lost on what my CUC should consist of. Will the angler eat snails and crabs? Does this new tank give me the opportunity to add stars and urchins that are no no's in my reef? Thanks. I'm super excited to start this and any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike
 
Anglers and Frogfish are ambush predators and can eat almost anything small enough to fit into their (very large) mouths. This can include other fish as well as inverts like crabs, shrimp and others. Use caution when choosing tankmates. These fish are not very active and can be kept in a fairly small tank (depending on species) @eatbreakfast
 
They will leave hermits and snails alonne, but will eat shrimp and some other crabs.
 
You can keep everything except for shrimp, I wouldn' do crabs with the exception of hermits. Only because of their sedentary nature, an aggressive crab may pick on them. I've see people do emeralds, but I wouldn't, Ive seen some nasty ones.
 
You can keep everything except for shrimp, I wouldn' do crabs with the exception of hermits. Only because of their sedentary nature, an aggressive crab may pick on them. I've see people do emeralds, but I wouldn't, Ive seen some nasty ones.

Thanks, agreed on the the emeralds and crabs in general.
 
Anglers and Frogfish are ambush predators and can eat almost anything small enough to fit into their (very large) mouths. This can include other fish as well as inverts like crabs, shrimp and others. Use caution when choosing tankmates. These fish are not very active and can be kept in a fairly small tank (depending on species) @eatbreakfast

Thanks
 
They will leave hermits and snails alonne, but will eat shrimp and some other crabs.

My angler was close to wiping out my blue legged hermit and baby snails. Fatty came after my fingers a few times too. I guess it just depends on the single fish
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new