Angry Goni

  • Thread starter Thread starter BluesClues
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BluesClues

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2024
Messages
77
Reaction score
38
Location
canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if I can just cut these longer tentacles that developed in the past due to low light conditions? Pagani is recovering now can I just cut the longer polyps off? They’re killing my corals.
 
I’ve seen Vic from worldwide corals talk about it in his videos about cutting off stinger tentacles but it being a Goni I’m unsure
Steve is very experienced with gonis, hopefully he’ll chime in.
 
I mean I’ve never had to or had that situation, but if you use a a really sharp knife/scissors? Honestly I’d probably try to reposition the offender somewhere else.
 
Can you post some pictures? I've seen some stinger tentacles get sucked into my gyres before, nothing seems to happen so I think it would be ok. But, it is doing what it naturally does, why amputate it or punish it for just being itself? I would reposition it to a different spot with more room. Is it a red goni? Red goni's can be evil....
 
Can you post some pictures? I've seen some stinger tentacles get sucked into my gyres before, nothing seems to happen so I think it would be ok. But, it is doing what it naturally does, why amputate it or punish it for just being itself? I would reposition it to a different spot with more room. Is it a red goni? Red goni's can be evil....
It’s because they’re Hell Gonis! Hell gonis are always red!
 
It’s because they’re Hell Gonis! Hell gonis are always red!
This one definitely came from hell...

1788953872378.png
 
This one definitely came from hell...

1788953872378.png
I never had crazy polyps like that. That’s wild.
This was a red I had for about 4 years before needing to sell the tank… polyps were extended but not like that…
1788954462626.jpeg
 
It’s because they’re Hell Gonis! Hell gonis are always red!
This one definitely came from hell...

1788953872378.png
That looks exactly like what I’m dealing with. This is it about a year ago before I accidentally added silicone to my master trace solution that bound all my elements together and wasn’t dosing traces for two months. After that, it’s been long and angry tentacles ever since, but the coral has started to gain its colour again.
20260909_085729_F655B589-3AEE-4A38-878E-13A8BB58F193.png




It’s hard to reposition as the tentacles reach out almost a foot for a coral that’s super small lol I might try to give it a go overtime and not take them all off at once.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new