Angulatus crazy reaction to PraziPro :(

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's the same -- But all I can say is the new fish was introduced only a few days ago, and there were no flukes prior. He was quite healthy, so I'm at a loss. Everything you guys are saying makes sense, but that doesn't seem like the issue. Unless somehow flukes came to be, and within a day or two he was a fluke magnet... The timeline just seems too short to me.
If everything wet added to the tank isn't qt'd then it is likely that flukes are present, but just to a degree that isn't problematic. However adding a new fish increases stressors to all fish in the tank, making them more susceptible to parasite infestation.

Also, how quickly the angulatus shows signs of stress speaks to it affecting a parasite and that's what caused the angulatus to have symptoms. Small invertabrates are much quicker, and at smaller doses than the fish. So if it was sensitive to the medicine, signs would have been seen more over the course of an hour rather than the first minute.
I would give him a day or two to recover, and then give him a freshwater dip. The dip will do two things:

1. Confirm that you are indeed dealing with a fluke infestation

2. Remove a large portion of the flatworms so that he gets relief, and doesn't suffer the same reaction if Prazi is needed.
After prazi is dosed a freshwater dip may not show flukes until a few days later. Especially, based on the reaction of the fish, a significant die off of flukes would have occurred.

Scratchingis just one symptom of flukes. Twitching is another.

blueface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost 6 wrasses in my QT the last time I dosed it on wrasses. Pair of flames & 4 flasher wrasses. I used General Cure. All were dead within 24 hours. Must be a wrasse issue.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 89 67.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back