Annelid Detritus Worms

Clownfish_Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in search of a culture of those tiny white filamentatious detritus worms which are sometimes found living in the substrate of reef tanks. Does anyone here have any living in a tank ?

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m pretty sure they reproduce fast there everywhere I see them randomly in new spots daily and under ever coral. I even saw one in my fish trap. I’m not sure the dragonet will eat them I haven’t seen mine take a bite I would really be happy if it does though since I’m not sure my Pod population is enough to keep it well fed. There very thin and string smaller then fishing line and they stay in groups I’ll get some pictures tomorrow

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wish they would have a site so you could buy these kinds of weird things for your tank

OP
OP
Clownfish_Boy

Clownfish_Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty sure they reproduce fast there everywhere I see them randomly in new spots daily and under ever coral. I even saw one in my fish trap. I’m not sure the dragonet will eat them I haven’t seen mine take a bite I would really be happy if it does though since I’m not sure my Pod population is enough to keep it well fed. There very thin and string smaller then fishing line and they stay in groups I’ll get some pictures tomorrow
Thanks ! The Annelid Detritus Worms I once had in a past 45g setup made a great source of food for a Mandarin which never depleted. My 60g just isn't big enough to host enough pods to keep up with the demands of a Dragonet....

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks ! The Annelid Detritus Worms I once had in a past 45g setup made a great source of food for a Mandarin which never depleted. My 60g just isn't big enough to host enough pods to keep up with the demands of a Dragonet....
Oh that’s not good I have a 65 and I’m worried he may not be getting enough

OP
OP
Clownfish_Boy

Clownfish_Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perthegallon, I would think that if you replenish the pods monthly, they ought to keep up with the demands of a Dragonet. It would be worth the cost to do that.... I have a feeling I'm gonna have to establish pods in my tank, and replenish them as needed if I want to keep a Mandarin....

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back