Annoyed Corals, "Good" Parameters - What am I missing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mas0n
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Ugly pictures, but I'm already seeing better coral extension today after running the UV overnight.

IMG_4549.jpeg IMG_4548.jpeg
Which UV is it?
 
Oh yeah 24 watts of pure Dino killing power lol
IMG_4545.jpeg
Which UV is that?

Some Dino’s don’t go into the water column at night so UV doesn’t help


Water changes will reduce your nitrates
May even make your corals mad


Manganese is always at depleted levels in our tanks because the corals (gonis especially) suck it right up
 
Which UV is that?

Some Dino’s don’t go into the water column at night so UV doesn’t help


Water changes will reduce your nitrates
May even make your corals mad


Manganese is always at depleted levels in our tanks because the corals (gonis especially) suck it right up
Green Killing Machine 24w, the Dino’s are Ostreopsis which are the type to go into the water column!

Yep! Not doing any water changes currently, gonna keep the tank a little dirty. Once I have resolved the Dino issue I’ll work on addressing the missing elements from my ICP test.
 
Woo woo!!! Full extension and a cleaner sand bed!
IMG_6328.jpg


Bonus pic of my clown in his new favorite place.
IMG_6326.jpg


Still maintaining solid nutrient levels, 20 Nitrate and .11 Phosphate, I have also restored my full lighting schedule, and will slowly ween on UV while dosing bacteria.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new