Annual Coral Fragging Workshop 3-24-18

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's that time of year again everyone. We will be holding our annual coral fragging workshop at Elmer's Aquarium on March 24th 5:00pm - 8:00pm
We have allocated more money than any year in the past to make this event better than all those prior. There will be many different types of coral to suit every level of hobbyist. We will demonstrate the safe and proper way of making coral fragments. At the end of the demonstration we will offer them al up for the raffle. Ticket are just $1 and we will have $100 ticket packs available as well. This is open to the general public and we hope to see everyone there soon. Please be advised that it will be standing room only and please avoid parking in front of or directly next to Elmer's. Thank you

steve16046

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's that time of year again everyone. We will be holding our annual coral fragging workshop at Elmer's Aquarium on March 24th 5:00pm - 8:00pm
We have allocated more money than any year in the past to make this event better than all those prior. There will be many different types of coral to suit every level of hobbyist. We will demonstrate the safe and proper way of making coral fragments. At the end of the demonstration we will offer them al up for the raffle. Ticket are just $1 and we will have $100 ticket packs available as well. This is open to the general public and we hope to see everyone there soon. Please be advised that it will be standing room only and please avoid parking in front of or directly next to Elmer's. Thank you

Do we need to be there at 5PM or can you show up a little later? And if you can’t park in front or side then where?

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They prefer if we park on the opposite side of the parking lot. If you are unfamiliar the parking lot is not very big. You do not need to show up at 5:00. That is what time we are starting. If you are late I would not expect to have a seat though as we have lost room in the basement and this is our largest meeting of the year.

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, So I have purchased/picked out/acquired/been promised the following thus far, with another grand worth being picked out prior to the event.
Cabbage Leather, Anthelia, Kenya Tree, Branching Green Star Polyps, Goniopora, Multiple Euphyllia, Leng Sy Cap Montipora, Birdsnest, Elegance ( a first for us), Fat Head Blastomussa, Micromussa (Acans), Bulls Eye rhodactis, discosoma, Favites, Firework Cloves, Sherman Rose BTA, Several Chalices, Multiple Acropora colonies, Several high end designer Zoanthid/palythoa colonies, prism favia, I'm sure that I am forgetting a few....

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
tell me more about this workshop so Jamie will be fragging coral and everyone will be watching him and then all the frags will be auctioned off?

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tell me more about this workshop so Jamie will be fragging coral and everyone will be watching him and then all the frags will be auctioned off?

Several of us will be doing the fragging, you are welcome to help as well. Then the several grand worth of coral will be raffled, not auctioned, off at the end.

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how many frags do you think there be and is all the coral from the reef gallery?
There will be several hundred frags. Not tiny frags, like big chunks.
Some are from The Reef Gallery, some are from a wholesaler that I know, some are from friends of mine, some are from my house, some are from other members, some are from Aqua World, some are from Jakarta, Indonesia.

THERE WILL BE A TON OF CORAL!!!

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait for the meeting tomorrow, this may be our best one yet! My husband is currently putting together the tile saw:D
2018-03-23-21-30-31.jpg

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait for the meeting tomorrow, this may be our best one yet! My husband is currently putting together the tile saw:D
2018-03-23-21-30-31.jpg
I am SOOO glad that I gave that to you this morning. I literally just got home. I'm pretty sure that my car is dead!!!

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what's wrong with it? Do you need a ride? Idk how much time I'll have between the baby shower and the meeting, but I can probably leave early. My car might be full between the saw and the raffle stuff, but your ok with sitting in the car seat right? lol

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure my head gasket went. 170,000 on my Honda now, driving 70+ miles a day for work has taken it's toll. I got the car to the shop, had my mom pick me up and took her car, so I am all good.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back