Another 72g Stocking

Calebb8133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Want to stock my 72 with reef safe fish I don't have a reef but don't want to be held back from upgrading because of fish and I have a few inverts that would be a nice snack to some fish ;) So that said I am thinking about 1-2 wrasses if possible maybe 6 line and another. Maybe some Anthias not to well educated on the care of them or how well they get along together but I do know they are popular reef fish. Maybe a Foxface? LiveAquaria says they are reef safe with caution. I want room in the future for a small tang but I know most will outgrow my tank so I want to get one small and let it grow but don't want to do this if they will outgrow my tank in only a year or two. I also want to find a Cinnamon or Maroon clown paired with a purple and red BTA or another pretty BTA at one of my LFS. Any suggestions are appreciated and advice is welcome of course.

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a foxface for awhile he was GREAT but a word of caution he was reef safe until i had a cleaner shrimp die and he ate it [they were great friends before this btw] and after he had a taste of shrimp i couldn't put any shrimp in with him after that lol.
But other than that he was great and very friendly and cool to watch one of my first fish actually. Watch the spines on his back though.

OP
OP
Calebb8133

Calebb8133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a foxface for awhile he was GREAT but a word of caution he was reef safe until i had a cleaner shrimp die and he ate it [they were great friends before this btw] and after he had a taste of shrimp i couldn't put any shrimp in with him after that lol.
But other than that he was great and very friendly and cool to watch one of my first fish actually. Watch the spines on his back though.
Ok I used to have one but not for very long would he be ok with a Coral banded shrimp? Or did u try that too

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I used to have one but not for very long would he be ok with a Coral banded shrimp? Or did u try that too

Banded coral shrimp are pretty tough and can take care of themselves.
I doubt most foxface would mess with it.
My foxface ignores all shrimp, even tiny Sexy Shrimp.

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Banded coral shrimp are pretty tough and can take care of themselves.
I doubt most foxface would mess with it.
My foxface ignores all shrimp, even tiny Sexy Shrimp.
yeah i didn't have any problems with him eating shrimp untill he ate that dead one after that he would eat any shrimp i put in the tank pistol shrimp[ included.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i didn't have any problems with him eating shrimp untill he ate that dead one after that he would eat any shrimp i put in the tank pistol shrimp[ included.

What a rogue! ;Vamp

OP
OP
Calebb8133

Calebb8133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah forgot I had a pistol but I don't think I will have problems with him very skittish and established so he knows how to get away quickly even without a guide fish that which I want to get for him idk which one though an suggestions?

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah forgot I had a pistol but I don't think I will have problems with him very skittish and established so he knows how to get away quickly even without a guide fish that which I want to get for him idk which one though an suggestions?
yeah i think it just depends on the foxface on if he will eat shrimp or not but i wouldnt sweat it i dont think its common. as far as gobies go i have never had a tiger pistol shrimp without a orange spot gobie and they bond every time. idk about candy pistol shrimp tho

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back