Another ATK question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JurisHP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the life of me I cannot figure this out. I got a ATK, to replace my existing Avast ATO kit. I am keeping the pump I have been using for years, as it is a GREAT pump. So I programmed my existing ATO outlet by copying/pasting the programming that is created in Fusion when you setup the ATK:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Swx11_1 OPEN Then ON
If Swx11_2 CLOSED Then OFF
When On > 005:00 Then OFF
Defer 000:10 Then ON
Defer 000:04 Then OFF
Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

And the ATK outlet is programmed exactly as above per the setup.

For some reason, my ATO outlet won't stay on AUTO-it keeps randomly turning OFF.

What am I doing wrong?

JKenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure you'll get a better answer, but... I would remove a statement at a time to find which one is causing the immediate OFF condition.
Good luck...

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
J

JurisHP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read and re-read your awesome tutorial, but can't fix this issue. Is the programming for my ATO pump and ATK supposed to be identical? I am thinking maybe that is a problem?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read and re-read your awesome tutorial, but can't fix this issue. Is the programming for my ATO pump and ATK supposed to be identical? I am thinking maybe that is a problem?

If you're using your own pump, I assume you plugged it into one of the EnergyBar outputs. Just copy the programming code from the ATK output (the 24v port on your FMM module) and paste it into the appropriate EnergyBar output. To confirm you have it on the correct output, move its slider to ON to confirm your pump runs. If it does, switch it back to AUTO. You can also enable logging on that output so you can review the Output Log later to see when it's running.

You should also remove the programming code from the FMM's 24v port and remove it from your dashboard to avoid confusion.

OP
OP
J

JurisHP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did all that. My pump runs when I slide the switch to ON. My issue is that what I said earlier — once my pump switches ON bc the sensor tells it to, when it’s done pumping it doesn’t switch from ON back to AUTO, or switches to OFF.

Is the programming for the ATK and my pump supposed to be identical?
How do I remove the programming from the FMM’s 24v port?

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When On > 005:00 Then OFF

This statement will “latch” your switch to the off position. Try making it longer than 5...

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the exact default program for the ATK. I’m just spitballing here, but could the issue be that you are using a different pump, that’s also not plugged into the FMM module? That is the only difference between you and I as I have that exact same program for my ATK with the Neptune pump plugged into the FMM.

vhuang168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the peristaltic pump or the diaphragm pump? If it is the peristaltic pump, the 5 minutes may not be enough.

Change the Min time to 15 or 30 minutes so the pump is activated more frequently.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back