Another Aussie SPS tank

echopiece

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drool every time I see your tank! I've been wanting a red starfish, but I fear it will be eaten alive by my MP40's! Have you had any issues with yours and your powerheads?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry about the AEFW!

OP
OP
Char lie

Char lie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drool every time I see your tank! I've been wanting a red starfish, but I fear it will be eaten alive by my MP40's! Have you had any issues with yours and your powerheads?

Nah never had a problem, I did have a small Fromia milleporella disappear in the tank although my Fromia monilis and Linkia seem to be going great :)

Sorry about the AEFW!

It's annoying but hopefully I can keep them growing quicker than they get eaten haha

Got a few pics to share, haven't been the best at updating this thread recently.

OP
OP
Char lie

Char lie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
14 months growth:

I'm pretty busy with UNI/work these days so there is regularly updated pics on my instagram: @Charlie_bel
https://www.instagram.com/charlie_bel/
If there's any problems with sharing my IG on here Revhtree let me know :) If any changes happen to the tank though I will keep them updated here :) I will try update here more often.

flyingfijian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
14 months growth:

I'm pretty busy with UNI/work these days so there is regularly updated pics on my instagram: @Charlie_bel
If there's any problems with sharing my IG on here Revhtree let me know :) If any changes happen to the tank though I will keep them updated here :) I will try update here more often.

Hey Charlie,

I have been following you religiously on Instagram and checking this thread occasionally for updates. I have a few questions for you mate You mentioned micro dosing. Were you talking about the Zeovit additives that you mentioned on your first post? And how do you maintain your phosphates? You just have a slimmer and no Zeovit reactor. I am trying to replicate what you have created

OP
OP
Char lie

Char lie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Charlie,

I have been following you religiously on Instagram and checking this thread occasionally for updates. I have a few questions for you mate You mentioned micro dosing. Were you talking about the Zeovit additives that you mentioned on your first post? And how do you maintain your phosphates? You just have a slimmer and no Zeovit reactor. I am trying to replicate what you have created
You probably saw me mention dosing just the macro (not micro/trace) elements, as in Ca, Alk, Mg etc. :) I don't use a Zeovit reactor or use any of the KZ products anymore, I just do large, frequent water changes which seems to be working. All that's in the sump is just the RE skimmer and I guess the only things keeping N+P low would be the skimmer, water changes, coral/zoox growth and a bit removed by diatom growth etc.

echopiece

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
14 month grow comparison is nuts Charlie!! Keep up the good work. Only hope to achieve growth and color like this.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
14 months growth:

Beautiful and no problem sharing your IG link! As long as you keep posting here! Don't forget your fans... :p

Viner87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
14 months growth:

How on earth have you achieved such good growth in just 14months?

flyingfijian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably saw me mention dosing just the macro (not micro/trace) elements, as in Ca, Alk, Mg etc. :) I don't use a Zeovit reactor or use any of the KZ products anymore, I just do large, frequent water changes which seems to be working. All that's in the sump is just the RE skimmer and I guess the only things keeping N+P low would be the skimmer, water changes, coral/zoox growth and a bit removed by diatom growth etc.

Thanks a lot for the answers! How frequent are your water changes? Last question I promise

Dropped

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an epic tank! That growth is crazy also!

Good work mate!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back