OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So forgive my incredibly slow brain, but it just occurred to me that you're a member of the "local reef club" Spokane/CDA area, right? I'm originally from Spokane, was born and raised. I'm now about 3hrs South. But we go up to Spokane often since this whole area is 100% dependant on everything coming from there.
Come on men now that you all know where I live lets go shoot guns and drink beer. Mainly in that order. Boomers. **Shrug**

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on men now that you all know where I live lets go shoot guns and drink beer. Mainly in that order. Boomers. **Shrug**
Add some Vegan, Non- GMO, celebrity endorsed tequila and I will be right there!

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Left up there for a reason! Idaho is more bang bang friendly anyhow. Didn't mean to scare ya being so stalky. I'm a harmless weirdo.

Plus I didn't say you live in there persay, just a part of the "local" club. You might be hours away from that crap hole. Like I am :cool:

Speaking of 'up there' are there any reef stores up there I haven't heard of yet? I've been to Inland Corals, and a fish store in the valley but I didn't know if there was a hidden gem anywheres.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! Another reefer trip we won't make! Sounds like a party. I prefer my goods extra GMO, because why can't I have the best? Don't worry @TangerineSpeedo we'll bring something extra clean for you--a lot of us run ozone. Our dear OP, as unwilling host, much like my Caualstrea to the clowns, probably deserves some tank-warming gifts. @Mhamilton0911 seems right you should take charge of this since you unmasked our hero. I'll bring the Rotel cheese dip.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add some Vegan, Non- GMO, celebrity endorsed tequila and I will be right there!
Wait what? Non-GMO??? So that rules out Patron. Their facilities are nothing short of amazing. They cloned their best most drought and pest resistant plants and use less water and pesticides than their counterparts. Very cool stuff. Doesn't the Rock have some tequila he owns? Wonder if it comes with free HGH and roids?

Left up there for a reason! Idaho is more bang bang friendly anyhow. Didn't mean to scare ya being so stalky. I'm a harmless weirdo.

Plus I didn't say you live in there persay, just a part of the "local" club. You might be hours away from that crap hole. Like I am :cool:

Speaking of 'up there' are there any reef stores up there I haven't heard of yet? I've been to Inland Corals, and a fish store in the valley but I didn't know if there was a hidden gem anywheres.
Dude, I was just f'n round. However, a good swatting would be fun. This fat old lady would probably have a wee then a heart attack. Maybe in that order.

Inland Corals has moved from that piece of crap shack he was in in the valley. Much nicer area now. Much nicer store. However haven't been there in years. Because I suck. I never leave the house if I can help it. I was over in Seattle because my cat had to have a treatment. Yes my cat. Anyway, the stores over there are amazing. Here is the thing. There is this algae. I can't explain it. It doesn't act like dinos, but sort of does. EVERYONE IN THIS STATE HAS THIS ALGAE. A couple of us including me, have throw in the towel over it. So I have decided to buy from out of state.

I am going to work on the plumbing tomorrow night. Hopefully do a test fill this weekend because I have legit never done plumbing before and I think this thing is going to leak worse than your alcoholic grandpa on the fourth of July. I am really hoping to get sand, rock and saltwater into this mother by next weekend.

The stand also needs to be releveled again. It has sunk on once side so that will take some cussing to sort.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait what? Non-GMO??? So that rules out Patron. Their facilities are nothing short of amazing. They cloned their best most drought and pest resistant plants and use less water and pesticides than their counterparts. Very cool stuff. Doesn't the Rock have some tequila he owns? Wonder if it comes with free HGH and roids?
I had to go to the ER the other day. They told me I had slightly elevated BP. One of the causes is alcohol. Since I drink so much I usually buy the cheap stuff. I figure if spent a bit more on the hippity dippity tequila now, I could save a bit on blood thinners later.
Oh and BTW I used to work out with the "Rock" 20 years ago at Golds in Venice when he was a wee lad... as in just slightly bigger than normal. I also used to work out with "Carrot Top"... I told him that if he got too buff it would ruin his career. He didn't listen

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to go to the ER the other day. They told me I had slightly elevated BP. One of the causes is alcohol. Since I drink so much I usually buy the cheap stuff. I figure if spent a bit more on the hippity dippity tequila now, I could save a bit on blood thinners later.
Oh and BTW I used to work out with the "Rock" 20 years ago at Golds in Venice when he was a wee lad... as in just slightly bigger than normal. I also used to work out with "Carrot Top"... I told him that if he got too buff it would ruin his career. He didn't listen
Carrot top gave up the lifting. The permanent cosmetics did him no help. He looks like my crazy aunt on my dad's side after she drinks her box of wine and gets kicked out of Walgreens trying to buy her Vantage lites with EBT. Gold's gym was my jam then they all closed down. If I didn't already have the one business I would open another Gold's here in town. Hint, I think my user name here is the same is on bodybuilders.com.

White tequila was my jam too. Check your PM's.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I spent all weekend my knees. Usually that means I had a good weekend, but this was not fun. I am really regretful I didn't make my stand taller. This stand was going to work fine for the old tank but this new tank, it's very difficult to shove all this pipe into the space and still have room for activities. Giggity. However, I got it done. God help me if I ever need to remove anything. My wire management went as well as I imagine it would. I had an easier time catching Ray Roy after he got high on meth and stole my Datsun in a North Dakota blizzard. Also did a leak test. No leaks unlike me when I sneeze. Ladies do those Kegels. Hopefully this weekend I will fill it up and make sure all the equipment works.

Pictures for you to judge. It was my first try, I have done worse.

20240114_111926.jpg

Before wire management.
20240114_112056.jpg

Still before wire management.
20240115_193408.jpg

After wire management and my will to live. Trying to tame wires when you have a kitten is like trying to tame a tiger when you smell like beef. Mmm beeef.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I spent all weekend my knees. Usually that means I had a good weekend, but this was not fun. I am really regretful I didn't make my stand taller. This stand was going to work fine for the old tank but this new tank, it's very difficult to shove all this pipe into the space and still have room for activities. Giggity. However, I got it done. God help me if I ever need to remove anything. My wire management went as well as I imagine it would. I had an easier time catching Ray Roy after he got high on meth and stole my Datsun in a North Dakota blizzard. Also did a leak test. No leaks unlike me when I sneeze. Ladies do those Kegels. Hopefully this weekend I will fill it up and make sure all the equipment works.

Pictures for you to judge. It was my first try, I have done worse.

20240114_111926.jpg

Before wire management.
20240114_112056.jpg

Still before wire management.
20240115_193408.jpg

After wire management and my will to live. Trying to tame wires when you have a kitten is like trying to tame a tiger when you smell like beef. Mmm beeef.
Wow the wire management looks great!

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a funny little story for all you dorks still following along. I was telling my wife it was time for me to put the order in for the cabinets that will cover the front and sides, so my guy (dude on the street corner that will work for fentanyl and a ham sammich), can paint them to match the "poop emoji" IKEA. When she asked how much I thought it would be she spit out her overpriced made in seattle double caff almond milk crap all over my car. She then says this, and now this ties into my first post (so if you forgot read the bottom of my first post for full effect). "Why don't we just make a little fabric skirt or something." I thought about driving into a brick wall.

Ya'll with the dang fabric. No. NO stop.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On your return, from what I can see, your manifold is after the check valve. You would want the "T" before. Right now the way you have it, when you shut off your return pump the water will still drain from the tank into your reactor and into the sump. That would render your check valve useless.
Just Saying...

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not following this thread.

Good looking set up.
Don't forget to close the valve to the reactor when starting up the return pump or your cat will ask for boots.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On your return, from what I can see, your manifold is after the check valve. You would want the "T" before. Right now the way you have it, when you shut off your return pump the water will still drain from the tank into your reactor and into the sump. That would render your check valve useless.
Just Saying...
So now you tell me!

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just Saying...
checkv.PNG

Tah Dah Fother Mucker! That should take care of that stupid issue. Maybe. Dunno, it's like following a guy you just met at the bonfire into the woods. It's either going to be the time of your life or you are about to be on the ID channel.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
checkv.PNG

Tah Dah Fother Mucker! That should take care of that stupid issue. Maybe. Dunno, it's like following a guy you just met at the bonfire into the woods. It's either going to be the time of your life or you are about to be on the ID channel.
Or maybe it starts off good… then he gets obsessed because of the mommy issues and doesn’t want you to leave… what was that movie with Richard Dreyfus… with Kathy Bates?

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 49 29.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 36 21.6%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 58 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back