Another Clown fish bruising/lesion

GardenOfSinners

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody,
My clown fish has had this brusing/lesion whatever it is. I have tried to search for it and it seems nobody really knows the cause or how to treat it.

I was expecting the fish to die very soon but it has been a week and the bruise has gotten much darker; however the fish is still very active and eating well.

So I will let you know if he is eventually dead or be better.

Note: during the time, I did 1 dose of KanaPlex + MetroPlex. Then 1 dose of Erythromycin.

Thanks for reading


de16cfd0-f2af-46a7-bdab-b3a307f6957c.jpg
f2c44f8d-7868-4bf3-8ca2-47ef2f7b0446.jpg

This is on July 12

897a1c77-3e5b-44a1-8752-55c8d5ac39cc.jpg
729f2f59-4cd5-4fa8-991e-ca43ccc4b887.jpg

This is today July 18, much darker shade

Video of today
 
I don't see any bruising or a lesion. What I do see is the area where the white and black scales overlap. Sometime this area is blue, sometimes gray, sometimes brownish like in your case. As the clownfish matures, these areas typically change color -- usually solid white or black. In other words, this is totally normal, and there is nothing to worry about.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new