Another Dino or Cyan ID Please

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lithoman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
10/4... do you think I should do a small water change.. try to knock down some of the nitrates?
 
Looks good.. and yes 20+ on Nitrates. But my clam doesn't look good.. figure its lacking some trace elements.
 
today....

2-22-20 pic.jpg
 
Just an update.. still running UV... hate to shut it down as tank looks great..
P03 - 10
P04 - .09
DKH- 8.7
Cal - 412
No signs of Dinos.....:D
So just from breezing through this it was the UV, rock basting at night, bacteria, phyto and pods that helped you beat it?
 
Thank you! Just sent the wife out to get the battle supplies lol. Its finally dawning on her this hobby isnt cheap ;Facepalm
A positive ID is necessary...because some dinos are toxic some arent ..and some Dinos rise info the water coloum at night and some dont...
If you can get a sample under a microscope we can id them
 
Thank you! Just sent the wife out to get the battle supplies lol. Its finally dawning on her this hobby isnt cheap ;Facepalm

She was never supposed to know exactly how expensive it is. Keep her away from my wife. Don't want word getting around. :)
 
A positive ID is necessary...because some dinos are toxic some arent ..and some Dinos rise info the water coloum at night and some dont...
If you can get a sample under a microscope we can id them

Microscope is a great to have. But then a UV is also helpful for pest control. For dinos, it will prove effective for ostreopsis, procentrum, coolia, and small cell amphidinium. Only the large cell amphids stay fixed to the sand bed and are hard to zap.
 
Glad you are staying clear of dinos.

Those are the ReeFi lights are they not? Happy with those?
Yes, ReefFi....... had them 2 weeks, so far I'm very impressed.. really glad I went with them. Almost went with the new radions..
 
Jebao CW-55 55-watt UV Clarifier Sterilizer for Koi Fish Pond Aquarium Fish Tank Amazon product ASIN B00K1HHG9U
I am having same issue right now. Is this the same uv sterilizer you bought? I want to order one ASAP. Also what pump should I use with this? And hosing?
 
Jebao CW-55 55-watt UV Clarifier Sterilizer for Koi Fish Pond Aquarium Fish Tank Amazon product ASIN B00K1HHG9U
I am having same issue right now. Is this the same uv sterilizer you bought? I want to order one ASAP. Also what pump should I use with this? And hosing?
Yes that's the one I used..I used a silicone hose about half inch and just any old cheap pump. Good luck.. follow this thread and report back..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new