another diy stand

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill have time to do this projecct this weekend. I plan on getting 4 2x4 at 8 feet long. my tank is 72 x 18 x 21. the reason im not cutting it down to 72 inches i plan on my plumbing a seperate lifereef refugium into it. the height of my stand right now is . I know the height and length to use. but not sure on the center braces. if it 18 inches should I go 16 or 16 1/4 inches? cause I plan on wrapping it in plywood and a little lip on around the tank to cover the black plastic at the bottom. also will 2x4 be strong enough? for the whole stand. these are the two type of 2 x 4 im looking at. im not going cheap but im not going to use cedar for this. I like the pure natural white. then use polyurethane to protect it from saltwater. which would be better?

2-in x 4-in x 96-in Whitewood S4See Kiln-dried Stud

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill have time to do this projecct this weekend. I plan on getting 4 2x4 at 8 feet long. my tank is 72 x 18 x 21. the reason im not cutting it down to 72 inches i plan on my plumbing a seperate lifereef refugium into it. the height of my stand right now is . I know the height and length to use. but not sure on the center braces. if it 18 inches should I go 16 or 16 1/4 inches? cause I plan on wrapping it in plywood and a little lip on around the tank to cover the black plastic at the bottom. also will 2x4 be strong enough? for the whole stand. these are the two type of 2 x 4 im looking at. im not going cheap but im not going to use cedar for this. I like the pure natural white. then use polyurethane to protect it from saltwater. which would be better?

I just measured it again 72. 3/4 x 18.3/4 inches. Height is 21 3/4 inches.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.5%

Back