Another fish? Or am I too hasty

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say you are fully stocked. I have that tank with a single clown and a tailspot blenny and wouldn't want to put another fish in it. It's not a matter of maintenance, it's a matter of space.

I don't think I would put a pair of clowns in there, personally. It's just too small.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say you are fully stocked. I have that tank with a single clown and a tailspot blenny and wouldn't want to put another fish in it. It's not a matter of maintenance, it's a matter of space.

I don't think I would put a pair of clowns in there, personally. It's just too small.
I'm going to agree here as well for the current tank. As for the upgrade 20 gallon, four fish max.

I have a standard 29 gallon with 2 mature percs and currently a sixline wrasse. The sixline is the reason I don't have anymore fish. I did have a royal gramma with the pair of clowns and that arrangement was fine, but the gramma when he was topping out at three inches, hid a lot.

OP
OP
_cpate3_

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Eventually, wether it be next summer or fall, I will be getting a 22 gallon cube to upgrade so the clowns will have more space when they are fully grown. But for now they are both only about 1.5” and spend their day in 1/2 of the tank. The tank’s dimensions are shorter but taller than the one I have so I feel as if moving it wouldn’t be THAT much harder

Legendary Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eventually, wether it be next summer or fall, I will be getting a 22 gallon cube to upgrade so the clowns will have more space when they are fully grown. But for now they are both only about 1.5” and spend their day in 1/2 of the tank. The tank’s dimensions are shorter but taller than the one I have so I feel as if moving it wouldn’t be THAT much harder
If the upgrade is inevitable then there's no rush to grab a 3rd fish until the new tank is fully cycled. It's much better for you to have your current tank coast along on easy mode than make it more difficult to maintain.

OP
OP
_cpate3_

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be beating a dead horse, but what about an ornamental invert? I had a fire shrimp but he died a very random and sad death (moved him into a bucket with the same tank water he was already in, and then back into the tank, and he just died). I’m not sure if shrimp are a good option and was wondering if there were any other “centerpiece” inverts for a small tank

Legendary Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be beating a dead horse, but what about an ornamental invert? I had a fire shrimp but he died a very random and sad death (moved him into a bucket with the same tank water he was already in, and then back into the tank, and he just died). I’m not sure if shrimp are a good option and was wondering if there were any other “centerpiece” inverts for a small tank
That might be a better option since they don't make as much waste. But if you are moving the tank around quite a bit, shrimps tend to be more sensitive to water changes than fish.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back