Another FWMAS Member Joining R2R

  • Thread starter Thread starter LornaS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LornaS

Livin on the Salty Side
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2009
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Location
Ft Wayne, IN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well let me take a minute to introduce myself. I too came to this site upon the recommendation of the VP of our local club. I hope to see more of our members on this site and have seen a couple....hey Jade & Fireworm.

I have been in the saltwater aquaria hobby for about 5 years. When I first wanted to switch my 75g freshwater over to saltwater I knew I was going to have to research and read up on everything I could get my hands on. It quickly became apparent that there is a mountain of information out there and most of it is conflicting and contradictory. Thank goodness for sites such as this amongst others where a newbie could get good advice on everything from set ups to equipment. I just recently sold my 75g reef and currently am in the process of setting up a new 39g CadLights aquarium which will be a smaller mixed reef. It will be lit with a 150w hqi m/h t5 fixture and runs with a 12g sump and bubblemagnus skimmer. Not sure about the skimmer but we shall see. The tank comes complete as a turnkey operations with all the equipment so I am going to see what I need to mod out and upgrade.

I think I may start a build thread on the Cadlights if I get around to it. What with Christmas and all coming up I am not sure if I will find the time.
Meanwhile I will lurk around and find my feet on your site....thanks for the warm welcome to me and my club members......
 
Well welcome to R2R!!!
 
here is the 75g in it's day

DSCN1285-1.jpg
 
Lorna, glad to see you over here. I can't wait to see the new tank set up, it is very clean and should look great
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new