Another FWMAS Member Joining R2R

LornaS

Livin on the Salty Side
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well let me take a minute to introduce myself. I too came to this site upon the recommendation of the VP of our local club. I hope to see more of our members on this site and have seen a couple....hey Jade & Fireworm.

I have been in the saltwater aquaria hobby for about 5 years. When I first wanted to switch my 75g freshwater over to saltwater I knew I was going to have to research and read up on everything I could get my hands on. It quickly became apparent that there is a mountain of information out there and most of it is conflicting and contradictory. Thank goodness for sites such as this amongst others where a newbie could get good advice on everything from set ups to equipment. I just recently sold my 75g reef and currently am in the process of setting up a new 39g CadLights aquarium which will be a smaller mixed reef. It will be lit with a 150w hqi m/h t5 fixture and runs with a 12g sump and bubblemagnus skimmer. Not sure about the skimmer but we shall see. The tank comes complete as a turnkey operations with all the equipment so I am going to see what I need to mod out and upgrade.

I think I may start a build thread on the Cadlights if I get around to it. What with Christmas and all coming up I am not sure if I will find the time.
Meanwhile I will lurk around and find my feet on your site....thanks for the warm welcome to me and my club members......

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well welcome to R2R!!!

OP
OP
LornaS

LornaS

Livin on the Salty Side
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is the 75g in it's day

DSCN1285-1.jpg

Fireworm

Proud member of FWMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lorna, glad to see you over here. I can't wait to see the new tank set up, it is very clean and should look great

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back