Another Newbi

Kinjirra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lurking for a few weeks learning about the Hobby, so much information here! Picked up a 36G bowfront and slowly setting up a Fowler to start while I get the routines down and learn...LPS is my end game right now. Had freshwater before but this will be my first salt and biggest tank so far.

Now the serious question is how to keep the wife aggro down ?!? Expensive hobby for sure lol

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and WELCOME!

I get the wife involved in picking out fish and help with naming them. My wife loves to name the fish and helps pick corals and this really helps soften the blow of the price tag lol.

You should do a build thread and share photos and If you run into any questions we can be here to help.
It’s a fun and rewarding hobby, only advise I would give is two things:
1. Always have fun
2. Patients is key.

we look forward to seeing you around the forum. Take care friend and happy reefing!

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also want to add, like they said above ^ I try to involve her as much as possible. Get her to help pick the fish (guide her to what's appropriate to the tank you have etc..), get her to name some of the fish, def. get her to feed the fish. At first my gf wasn't sold but after feeding the clowns a couple times she loves them. Whole attitude change

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Dcole12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! HAha I know the feeling.. I am engaged and I started with a 46 gallon bow front about a year ago and am planning on buying a waterbox 130.4 size tank here in the next couple months! It is best if she doesn't know the prices haha

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 37 19.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 141 74.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back