Another RBTA removal thread..

Ling_Thing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I made an impulse buy at fragtoberfest and bought a RBTA fairly small and I put him in my mixed reef with all acropora up top and sure enough he walked up to the top of my rocks the first night found a crevis stuck his foot in right in the middle of my 5 beautiful acropora mini colony’s. I can’t point a PH right at it cause I don’t wanna destroy my acro’s literally right next to it and I tried to ice cube in a bag but it’s foot is literally in a v shaped crevis at the top of my rock and it’s all epoxy together so I can’t remove the rock or chisel it, at this point I just wanna glue some rubble rock over it and see what happens. dang impulse buys! Sorry for the rant I’m just desperate and frustrated. I don’t wanna kill it but my acro’s are top priority.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you made a mistake. Don't beat yourself up over it; we've all made mistakes in this hobby. Show me someone who says they've never made a mistake in this hobby, and I'll show you a liar. LOL

But sometimes, we have to live with our mistakes. Not fair to kill off the Nem just because you don't like where it's planted itself. It may not even be a problem. Let it be.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's on the top off the rock and there is space around it try and cover it with a piece of PVC. Make sure the PVC is long enough so it doesn't stretch but have to move through the PVC to get to the light.

theKoolAidMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you move the Acros? Nems are gonna nem and find the spot they like regardless of what coral you have. Perhaps you can carefully break off the Acros and relocate them to a spot away from the nem?

Jmareef1022

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn of flow, rub on the foot consistently for like 5 mins about 4-5 times a minute in between he should fluff up and you should be able to peel, I used my ghetto poking stick which I made from a hanger. Gl

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's on the top off the rock and there is space around it try and cover it with a piece of PVC. Make sure the PVC is long enough so it doesn't stretch but have to move through the PVC to get to the light.

This

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.2%
Back