I have a 60 cube (see equipment below) that currently has the following:

3 chromis
1 six-line Wrasse
1 Yellow Watchman Goby/tiger pistol shrimp
1 Tailspot Blenny
1 Firefish Goby
1 scribbled Rabbitfish
2 yellow line gobies

The 3 chromis, Wrasse, and Blenny are all less than 1.5” and the yellow line gobies are barely an inch long. Actually, I may only have one. I haven’t see two at one time in quite a while!

I don’t know what I was thinking when I bought the Rabbitfish. Somehow I thought he was only going to be the size of a tomini. I have a place to re-home him when he gets larger. Right now he is only abt 2”. The Watchman Goby and Firefish are closer to full grown at about 3”.

I want to add something but I don’t know what. I want to stay away from aggressive things like damsels and dottybacks. I have a dedicated clown tank so I’ll stay away from those. I want something that swims, not perches. I’ve had Clown gobies, etc that loved to perch in the middle of my SPS frags nearly killing them. I can’t have any coral eaters. I’m scared of angels, puffers, butterflies, etc for this reason but I do love them! I have TONS of money wrapped up in corals.

I like anthias because of their color and the fact they swim. Other than that, I don’t know much about them, as per which is more docile, hardy, colorful. I love royal grammas but they they keep to themselves like the Firefish. I’ve fancied getting a small school of them but don’t know how they act towards each other or other fish when they are in a group. I also love fairy/flasher wrasses but the number of species is mind boggling and they would have to get along with the six-line. Btw.... my six-line is, so far, a model citizen. He even leaves my tiny bumblebee shrimp alone. I’ve looked at other more common things but just don’t know what to do. Please, please help!

Elizabeth

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are at your max fish load for a 60 gallon

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yellow assessor(this might not be the behavior you are looking for though) or a fang blenny

Flasher wrasse would be awesome but the sixline might prevent it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back