Another storm

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another massive storm is inbound to California- if any of you guys haven't seen, last week we got hit with a HUGE storm that blew levee's and flooded a lot of areas in the California Valley. Well, storm #2 is here and they are relating it to a category 3 hurricane, with wind gusts upwards for 55mph and inches of rain in the next 24 hours. Our snow-pack is already at a 10 year high in the Sierras, at 175%!!! Flash flood warnings all over the valley. Keep us in your thoughts! Luckily if need be I can grab a generator from work. So much for our "drought," eh? lol

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Batten down the hatches... seriously I got schooled last week on why you clamp those hatches down, the hinges get messed up if they fling open.

I noticed in the article that they quoted "damaging" winds and "severe winter storm", like comparing it to a Cat 3 hurricane shouldn't bring into question the severity of the storm.

Stay safe!

OP
OP
MichaelReefer

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Batten down the hatches... seriously I got schooled last week on why you clamp those hatches down, the hinges get messed up if they fling open.

I noticed in the article that they quoted "damaging" winds and "severe winter storm", like comparing it to a Cat 3 hurricane shouldn't bring into question the severity of the storm.

Stay safe!

For Sure!

Our main problem is that nothing has had time to dry, the rivers are basically maxed out, as are the creeks. The main thing they're worried about is flooding. Not to mention because of our rampant fires every year, we have areas that will be very prone to wash-out and mud slides.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Sure!

Our main problem is that nothing has had time to dry, the rivers are basically maxed out, as are the creeks. The main thing they're worried about is flooding. Not to mention because of our rampant fires every year, we have areas that will be very prone to wash-out and mud slides.
That loose soil is the worse. Good recipe for trees to uproot.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back