Another t-slot stand design (and question)

  • Thread starter Thread starter cartery
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
When I was having my aluminum stand designed I learned some things from the company designing mine. Fasteners are SUPER important with T slot. Cheap/weak fasteners and the whole stand will fold in on itself.

I am not versed enough in planning these things out but just wanted to reiterate that using quality fasteners is super important with t slot. You can see them here:

IMG_20210815_152549_01_Original.jpeg
 
When I was having my aluminum stand designed I learned some things from the company designing mine. Fasteners are SUPER important with T slot. Cheap/weak fasteners and the whole stand will fold in on itself.

I am not versed enough in planning these things out but just wanted to reiterate that using quality fasteners is super important with t slot. You can see them here:

IMG_20210815_152549_01_Original.jpeg
Very cool stand! Thanks for sharing this. It looks like you have corner braces and then another set of brackets right below each end. Is that right?
 
Rtparty on your well designed stand all of the force is passed straight to the floor. A compression force is felt on your vertical beams. You fasteners have minimal stress on them (absent an earthquake :) )

Those fasteners look like they are meant to mount a panel to sheath it?
 
Very cool stand! Thanks for sharing this. It looks like you have corner braces and then another set of brackets right below each end. Is that right?

Rtparty on your well designed stand all of the force is passed straight to the floor. A compression force is felt on your vertical beams. You fasteners have minimal stress on them (absent an earthquake :) )

Those fasteners look like they are meant to mount a panel to sheath it?

Under the 90º fasteners were brackets that I was going to use to hold up panels to skin the stand. I never figured out a clean way to mount everything so I settled for french cleats to hold up the skin pieces. I never installed everything though.

This is the best pic I have immediately on hand

IMG_1039.jpeg
 
Did you use a veneered plywood for the panels? Looks great by the way!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new