OP
OP
Phillyd1990

Phillyd1990

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So great news! I figured out what the issue was a little over a month ago. It was a pretty rookie mistake and I cant believe I over looked it. About a year ago my in line tds meter was knocked into water and ended up breaking so I purchased a new one. Since I've had it it never was right its read 0tds coming out but it also read 0 coming in which I knew was wrong since it's usually like 350ppm coming in. I would just replace the filters and resin every few months and not think anything of it. About early to mid September i noticed that i was getting brown sand and I started thinking about silicates and realized I've had the same membrane in since I bought the rodi unit and that was 2+ years ago. I bought a handheld tds meter since my inline obviously wasnt right. When I got it my water was reading 3ppm even with brand new resin and filters. I replaced the membrane with a new one and started reading 0 tds. I did a %20 wc immediately and up my weekly wc from 10% to 15% and did 2 wc a week for 4 weeks. I'm down to 1 wc a week but still doing 15%. Since then I have 2 acros that survived and are doing amazing one is incrusting daily and my grape monti is exploding with new growth everyday. I guess I learned my lesson with overlooking simple things. Only took $1000 in spa frags to learn

9/1
Screenshot_20181021-123221_Samsung Internet.jpg

10/21 (dont mind the algae that's from dead spots from a while ago)
20181021_123609.jpg
20181021_141543.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back