Another Very Happy Apex Owner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As most people who own a Apex is familiar with, I look at Apex fusion all day, throughout the day on my phone. Well, today it did what we all hope it's supposed to do, and that's let us know when a problem is happening. Like any other day I was looking at my parameters when I noticed my temp suddenly drop and my salinity do the exact same thing. As most experienced reefers had already figured out, the ATO emptied all the water in the tank. I use a Tunze 3155 for my ATO and believe in that product also, that wasn't the problem. The problem ended up being a restriction in my drain causing the return pump to empty out the reservoir and the ATO tried to keep up. The whole point of this thread is that I had a couple hour notice and was able to rush home to quickly fix the problem. My parameters may be out for a little while, but thankfully their was only 5 gals in my ATO and therefore within a day or two my parameters will be back to normal. Seeing what the Apex can do now makes me able to take a vacation away from home and, if a problem arises, get someone to my house to fix the problem. Definitely gives me a piece of mind knowing that the monitoring is in good hands.

Last edited:

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the positive feedback. It’s always so good to see when people like yourself take the time to tell their experience with the Apex and how it saved their day.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sump low optical switch installed below my ATO level but just above the return pump intake that shuts off the ATO outlet to hopefully prevent this. Do you think this would have prevented this situation (I've never had to use mine so can't say for sure it's fool proof but don't see why it wouldn't work)?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sump low optical switch installed below my ATO level but just above the return pump intake that shuts off the ATO outlet to hopefully prevent this. Do you think this would have prevented this situation (I'be never had to use mine so can't say for sure it's fool proof but don't see why it wouldn't work)?
If u have a high and low optical sensor, then in theory it should. Hopefully u will never have to find out.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back