Anouncment!!!

seagull18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of questions. First, if the photo contest is a CTARS sponsered event, why is it being posted on other sites than the CTARS sponsered site REEF2REEF? Secondly why on the REEF2REEF site is the photo contest being posted in the private forum and not the nomal threads. Even though only people from CTARS can participate, I think its beneficial to have other people (in CT and other states) be aware of what CTARS is all about. I don't think a photo contest is something that needs to be kept secret from outsiders.

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is not a CTARS sponsored event or contest. Ron does this on his own with donations he receives from outside sources.

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has it changed then since they always used to have a heading that said if your not a ctars member don't waste my time. I don't really care just wondering

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It still says it's only open to ctars members. There are a few entries on the other site but not this one, kind of confusing. The way it was discussed before it sounded like it wasn't going to be a club thing.

FishWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So why is it in the members only section on here?

I think it's fine the way it is...just move it from the members only section to public.

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever way you split it, it may have been run by Ron but has always felt like a club thing. The pictures were on our website as photo of the month winners. It's been discussed at meetings. And it says for "CTARS" members only.

I agree with Seagull that "I think its beneficial to have other people (in CT and other states) be aware of what CTARS is all about. I don't think a photo contest is something that needs to be kept secret from outsiders,"....maybe we can get it moved to the public forum.

I greatly appreciate Ron's efforts in keeping it going, don't get me wrong, but it is confusing having it in 2 places, regardless of whether or not it is a club thing.

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason if we (bod) are not the ones running things then no one seems to think its a club thing. We can't do everything.
Ron if you want us to add more prizes then you need only ask.
I acualy thought you were doing this for the cub.......
if you like then state in you post "Ron's contest" and thats cool to. I dont have time to monitor all posts and happenings.
The gift certs before were donated to ctars and sent to you. So however you want it to be done is fine by me. I am very greatful that you do this, but if you dont want it to be a club thing then just change the name.

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if anyone wants somthing moved just report it as such and we, or I will move it.

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is not a CTARS sponsored event or contest. Ron does this on his own with donations he receives from outside sources.
it use to be, as a mater of fact certs were donated to the club...... I do remember donating my corals to this. Still will if asked. :baffle::suspicious:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Suicideissleep

Suicideissleep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why dose this have to be so confusing it is a contest that is put on by me to have somthing to look forward to it is for Ctars members only because it should be a perk for being a member of the club. I don't think its right if a non paying member wins. I put it on both forums because not everyone switched over yet. I put it in our private firms because it's for only Ctars members not everyone. If your so worried about how our club looks to everyone else maybe we should stop the same crap we had on Rc I think we have better things to do than keep picking on my contest thank you. Thank you Chriskid you were the only one donating corals will prolly get back into that if I keep this even going this club is really making me loose interest it really needs to be fixed

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why dose this have to be so confusing it is a contest that is put on by me to have somthing to look forward to it is for Ctars members only because it should be a perk for being a member of the club. I don't think its right if a non paying member wins. I put it on both forums because not everyone switched over yet. I put it in our private firms because it's for only Ctars members not everyone. If your so worried about how our club looks to everyone else maybe we should stop the same crap we had on Rc I think we have better things to do than keep picking on my contest thank you. Thank you Chriskid you were the only one donating corals will prolly get back into that if I keep this even going this club is really making me loose interest it really needs to be fixed

Ron, I'm sorry if you feel we are picking on your contest. We are not trying to pick on anything, just voicing opinions. Words can sometimes be read with the wrong tone over the internet. I think I speak for all of us when I say we appreciate that you've kept the contest going for so long..We appreciate what you've done for it.

Also if anyone wants somthing moved just report it as such and we, or I will move it.

Can this be moved to the public forum, in the future as I think moving this thread will do no good at this point, so that non-members can see one of the many things we do in the club? (and possibly entice them to join)

captc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Sass. I don't think anyone was picking on your contest. I have enjoyed it, I was just confused in regards to in not being a club sponsored program. I think it would make things easier for yourself if you did partner with the club to get some assistance with monthly prizes, but either way it is a lot of fun and I look forward participating.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Suicideissleep

Suicideissleep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The club has the tank of the month to keep things less complicated and less confusing the two contest I feel should be seperated. It will be easier to get sponsors or people to help out also can get more names out there for sponsors if they are two different things. It just makes it easier. That is if that contest comes back?

Sass it is in the members only section because it is for members only.I plan on posting the winner and what they won on main board so plz don't go moving the contest
Thank you

Last edited:

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The club has the tank of the month to keep things less complicated and less confusing the two contest I feel should be seperated. It will be easier to get sponsors or people to help out also can get more names out there for sponsors if they are two different things. It just makes it easier. That is if that contest comes back?

Sass it is in the members only section because it is for members only.I plan on posting the winner and what they won on main board so plz don't go moving the contest
Thank you

I wasn't the only one that requested it, which is the only reason I brought it up again..but it's your thing so it is whatever you want..I have no problem with it and respect it.

Thanks again for running this Ron. :)

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back