Anthias with swollen eye

mmbaba

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2021
Messages
59
Reaction score
53
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little guy has been with me for over a year. Just noticed this swollen eye today so it must have come on very quickly. It does not appear cloudy and no signs of distress with other tank mates.

If I need to treat, I need to get it set up tonight / tomorrow as I'm away on business next week.

Thanks in advance for any advice / help!

IMG_6895.jpg IMG_6900.jpg IMG_6901.jpg
 
Search treatments for Popeye
 
Since it’s only one one side, probably not Popeye but just an injury.

Should heal on its own but you can use maracyn
 
This little guy has been with me for over a year. Just noticed this swollen eye today so it must have come on very quickly. It does not appear cloudy and no signs of distress with other tank mates.

If I need to treat, I need to get it set up tonight / tomorrow as I'm away on business next week.

Thanks in advance for any advice / help!

IMG_6895.jpg IMG_6900.jpg IMG_6901.jpg
This is typically an injury but I see bubble on top which may be gas embolism. While maracyn helps with scratch injury, may not help with this as air needs to be released by fish
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new