AntHill's AquaOne Mini Reef 160

ThisAntHill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first marine aquarium. At the moment it's a stock AquaOne Mini Reef 160.
20200427_142506.jpg
20200427_142557.jpg

Video of the rockscape can be found here:

DM84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey mate. Tanks looking good. I have the same tank and am 16 days into cycling it. Keen to follow your progress and see how you get on with the tank seeing as we are only weeks apart on building them up.

OP
OP
ThisAntHill

ThisAntHill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is going great. The ATO is invaluable. I found the pump got a bit noisy as the water level dropped so keeping it topped up was essential to keeping it quiet (I don't mind the sound of running water but the sound of a pump thrumming throughout the house is awful).

Made a BIG mistake with the damsels. They just picked on each other to the point where one died, so I returned the last two. I felt a bit pressured to put some fish in the tank and the whole covid thing made my choices small... so I made a rushed decision with fish that were never part of my plan.

I did however buy two ocellaris clowns to replace them and they are looking brilliant! These were part of my plan though so I'm feeling a lot happier about the whole process now. Plan your fish and be patient if the livestock isn't available.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing your updates!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back