Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Antics - 180 Gallon Aquarium​

Introduction​

For the past two years I have been working on an upgrade project for a larger aquarium. I'm reaching the point of almost being complete with the upgrade so I figure now is a good time to begin documenting the build thread and enjoying sharing it with others.

My previous aquarium was 80 gallons with a footprint of 48 by 24 inches and 16 inches tall. It was meant to be a reef but due to my quarantine procedures and lack of space for a dedicated coral quarantine it ultimately became a supremely overpriced FOWLR. Ultimately that did not bother me all too much because I primarily love fish more than anything in this hobby. It was immensely satisfying to complete a stock list without any disease making it into the display tank. Unfortunately I lost all of my fish due to a water quality issue when I performed a water change. Most of them I'd had between five and seven years. It was very disheartening and is the main reason this "upgrade" has taken two years instead of two months.

New Aquarium Information​

Aquarium - 180 gallons (48 x 36 x 24)
Manufacturer - SCA with a top and bottom eurobrace drilled for ghost overflow.
Overflow - Exotic Marine Systems 32" Overflow with 1.5" drains.
Stand - Framing Tech
Sump - IceCap RS-36XL Reef Sump
Return Pump - EcoTech Marine Vectra L2
Powerheads - 4x EcoTech Marine MP40WQD
Lighting - ATI 48" T5 dimmable 8 bulb fixture.
Skimmer - Royal Exclusiv Bubble King Double Cone 180

Table of Contents​

Thank you for taking the time to read my build thread. This will be updated in the future as I post additional updates. The tank is currently running. I am documenting it elsewhere but I will continue to post additional updates on Reef2Reef for the time being. :)

aquarium.jpg

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sounds like an awesome setup. Can't wait to see more!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back