Any 3-D printer gurus out want to try this?

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2017
Messages
1,899
Reaction score
4,014
Location
San Antonio, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: Don't you hate when you post something and then realize you screwed up the post title? ". . .out THERE want to try this" :mad:

I was wondering if there was someone knowledgeable with 3D printing that could work with me on creating a guard to go over my controllers, which I have a bad habit of slamming into becasue of the tight space in my fish room. Can this be printed with some expectation of strength and would it be economical to do so?

It would be along the lines of this:
ccWYNpKm.jpg

What I'm trying to protect are a few of the controllers/hubs I have on my stand:

HBXK4KOl.jpg


KFs2N4Ul.jpg


I probably would be looking at doing a guard over the middle controller only, as it has the connections sticking out from the face. It would measure about 4"x4".


.
 
3D printing would not work very well for that application. A wire guard would be much better suited. Personally would mount them up higher above the stand. That would give you more isle space as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new