Any 48" tall fowlr's out there

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get that tall tanks are a nightmare with reef tanks in terms of maintenance, but a low light fowlr with bare bottom? Other than scrubbing the front glass with a mag float, I don't really see any other maintenance differences as long as I have decent flow.

Thoughts and any experiences?? Pictures would be nice too :)

OP
OP
Murica

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I have a 48" tall acrylic tank. I don't have a problem with cleaning. Using the magnet is the same. Occasionally I have to get into the tank to scrub it with an acrylic safe pad.

View attachment unnamed.jpg

Wow that looks great! I currently have a 30 inch tall reef, but it kills me that I can't get certain fish.. So they'll be side by side with each other. My family is going to think I'm nuts haha

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I have a 48" tall acrylic tank. I don't have a problem with cleaning. Using the magnet is the same. Occasionally I have to get into the tank to scrub it with an acrylic safe pad.

View attachment unnamed.jpg

I have a 30” tall acrylic 150G with 3/4” acrylic. I’m assuming your tank is 3/4” also and my question is which magfloat did you find that works well at that thickness?

OP
OP
Murica

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30” tall acrylic 150G with 3/4” acrylic. I’m assuming your tank is 3/4” also and my question is which magfloat did you find that works well at that thickness?

Granted I have glass, but I use the aqueon mag float. Works fine for me and also has an acrylic attachment

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back