Any advice for caring for a very small (1") BTA?

Cv111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased an expensive BTA that is fairly small. I got a good deal on it, I've heard anectdotallu that smaller BTA can struggle, but never had any personal experience with it. Any tips for helping ensure it survives and thrives?

Overall it seems very healthy and has been doing well so far.

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would imagine the same basic husbandry applies as if it were a larger one. Feed it a couple times a week and leave it alone. They can grow quite quick. You may want to think about some sort of protection from your flow devices.

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased an expensive BTA that is fairly small. I got a good deal on it, I've heard anectdotallu that smaller BTA can struggle, but never had any personal experience with it. Any tips for helping ensure it survives and thrives?

Heres one that spawned not long ago, about 2 mm. Same care, never direct feed BTA's.
Babies are difficult for me to find, and I only found this little guy due to a tank move - but I find them not much bigger throughout my plumbing fairly often. Same care, but important not to direct feed, its funny to me how this is recommended when we spend so much time trying to mimic the parameters of the ocean. I don't imagine direct feeding is mimicing the ocean. While corals are different, this species should not be fed directly.
1625978995506.png

Last edited:

ClownWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres one that spawned not long ago, about 2 mm. Same care, never direct feed BTA's.
Babies are difficult for me to find, and I only found this little guy due to a tank move - but I find them not much bigger throughout my plumbing fairly often. Same care, but important not to direct feed, its funny to me how this is recommended when we spend so much time trying to mimic the parameters of the ocean. I don't imagine direct feeding is mimicing the ocean. While corals are different, this species should not be fed directly.
1625978995506.png

I saw something like that in a basket not long ago not thinking to much about it and just discarded it when cleaning it out. Oops. Do you have better picture? I don't see any tentacles. I want to know for sure what they look like at that stage. Also, don't clownfish feed their nems in the wild? They poop on them.

ClownWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I got a smallish orange one and a nickel sized speckled green one from Aqua SD a while back and the orange one basically mothered the little green one and it died. So you do have to be careful.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back