any Alkatronic owners on here?

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I love my Alkatronic and agree with Mitch...I would ditch everything before losing the Alkatronic . I also use the dosetronic and both of them together are fantastic. Very easy to calibrate and maintain. Hose changes and ph probe are very easy to do. Reagent lasts a year with the 4l bottle and my reagent container lasts me over a month between refills.
I travel for work and my reef is truly on autopilot and has taken 99% of the stress away. I will be purchasing Mastertronic when it comes out. That is how much I love these machines. I use Tropic Marin all for reef and my dkh is rock steady. Focustronic has a KH solution table for using different products.

41400B77-C2C4-4C21-8BEB-E7E99F3CDCFD.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

beachsidereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering an alkatronic as a monitor to use with my CaRx & apex. Can you explain how you have yours set up? When alk is low do you supplemental dose and then adjust the carx effluent output so the supplemental dosing stops? I'm using a fx-stp to control effluent out.

If you can't get a good answer here try the Focustronic owners group on Facebook

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering an alkatronic as a monitor to use with my CaRx & apex. Can you explain how you have yours set up? When alk is low do you supplemental dose and then adjust the carx effluent output so the supplemental dosing stops? I'm using a fx-stp to control effluent out.

For my setup really not needing to do much adjusting of the effluent. I tuned my CaRx to my consumption and just let the Alkatronic correct if I get more consumption than the CaRx can deliver during that timeframe. If it does consistently make a corrective dosage, at that time a increase CO2.

Once you have everything dialed in you’ll ask why you waited so long. You’ll also begin to just appreciate the coral for what they are I believe.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 78.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back