Any benefit to upgrading from Kessil 360x to the AP9X?

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the title states. I have a spectral controller x which I would use on the ap9x so wifi isn't an upgrade for me.

Is the spectrum and diode arrangement worth the upgrade?

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I can't tell you for sure I am sure Kessil can help. I will say that after seeing the AP9X and 360X side by side they look the same and the control interface is exactly the same. The only meaningful difference would be the teardrop optics on the AP9X but I believe most people would prefer 2 360Xs over 1 AP9X for more control over spacing.

OP
OP
Scorpius

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I can't tell you for sure I am sure Kessil can help. I will say that after seeing the AP9X and 360X side by side they look the same and the control interface is exactly the same. The only meaningful difference would be the teardrop optics on the AP9X but I believe most people would prefer 2 360Xs over 1 AP9X for more control over spacing.
Thank you. I figured the ap9x was a slight upgrade over the 360x's. I'll save my money.

U

User1

View Badges
I am not sure exactly what the differences are but I think you may need to do some more searches. I've tried and clearly not using the right wording.

At a high level the AP9x is more or less two x a360x's. I thought I read that the led matrix is a bit different and/or the lens is. Or both. A360x's are 90 watts the AP9x is 185'ish? In either case I'd guess the spread or coverage may be different along with the single unit form factor.

Not sure that helped nor did I find anything saying the LED pattern or numbers are different. Sorry.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure exactly what the differences are but I think you may need to do some more searches. I've tried and clearly not using the right wording.

At a high level the AP9x is more or less two x a360x's. I thought I read that the led matrix is a bit different and/or the lens is. Or both. A360x's are 90 watts the AP9x is 185'ish? In either case I'd guess the spread or coverage may be different along with the single unit form factor.

Not sure that helped nor did I find anything saying the LED pattern or numbers are different. Sorry.
I don't think Kessil ever gave out diode spectrum info .

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 136 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.6%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back