Weirdness after upgrading G6 Pro to G6 Blue

static416

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2022
Messages
167
Reaction score
132
Location
Toronto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found an XR15 G6 Pro used, and added it alongside the two XR15 G6 Blue's on the same tank.

After a week or so, I was not liking the Pro spectrum, so decided to use the upgrade kit to change it to Blue.

Hardware upgrade is straightforward, I've done it before from G5 to G6.

After the hardware swap though, the Mobius app still seems to think it's an XR15 Pro.

It's listed as a Pro in the list of devices, and the available spectrum adjustments are different as well, with one group offering a Green channel.

Any idea if it is normal for the G6 Pro to remain Pro in the app, after hardware upgrade to Blue?

I've tried reseting it and the app in various combinations to no effect.

mobius.png
 
Figured it out, the box had an XR 15 Pro kit in it.

Irritating.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new