Any brain/meat coral experts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter scouncil
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

scouncil

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2007
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
1
Location
Ooltewah, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And no dirty comments on that boys! I mean it!!!

I took that pitiful neon brain/meat home from Donny's to try and save it- the was beautiful one that came from somebody's house and in the display tank until the whopper elegance came in and then it was taken out to give room and has since gone downhill. I'm not sure that I can save it even though the brains love me. I've been spot feeding it, but it might be too far gone. It's still got color around the edges (the neon green spotty parts), but the rest looks almost skeletal and the mouth area looks like it's skeletal with only a few structures inside. Pretty scary. I can't get it to take any mysis shrimp, but I've been spot feeding it with phytoplex. My other brains love that stuff and I've been dosing the tank with the coral vital (spectra vital?)- whatever the powder stuff is that you measure in the way too small spoon in tank water and then spot feed or pour in. It seems to react to that stuff too, but not putting out any tenticles to grab with (not sure that it has them anymore?).

Any suggestions?
Susan
 
hey susan, once the mouth area gets skelotal it is very touch and go, they dont require to be fed so it isnt a big deal if it wont eat for you. all you can do is give it good water, and time to see what happens.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new