Any chance of a quick ID

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a bunch of SPS and when dipped there where a bunch of these little crabs...any ideas if safe before i get rid of them

IMG_6062.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6065-1.MOV
    1.5 MB

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a bunch of SPS and when dipped there where a bunch of these little crabs...any ideas if safe before i get rid of them

IMG_6062.jpg
Can u get better pics? See if they hv pointy claws. They look good guys from here but still wait for experts

OP
OP
BaliReefBox

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can u get better pics? See if they hv pointy claws. They look good guys from here but still wait for experts
They look more like shrimp with claws. there body id elongated and not round like a crab

Attachments

• IMG_6066.MOV
    1.8 MB
  • IMG_6069.jpg
    IMG_6069.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6071.MOV
    1.9 MB

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like a hermit crab, but can’t say what type. Was this mariculture acropora?

I personally found hermits would crawl on my SPS which bothered them but don’t know if it really hurt the coral. I removed them and put in the sump as they are god algae cleaners.

OP
OP
BaliReefBox

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a hermit crab, but can’t say what type. Was this mariculture acropora?

I personally found hermits would crawl on my SPS which bothered them but don’t know if it really hurt the coral. I removed them and put in the sump as they are god algae cleaners.
No these sps are from the local fisherman... they are fist sized pieces and full of "stuff". I have put them in the display and they look like a hermitty thing and will probably end up some ones lunch

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back