Any coupons or upcoming sales?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering before I make a large purchase if anything is out there or on the way?

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends what you are looking for. Some manufacturers don’t allow discounts unless they specifically offer the sale to all vendors. Like Red Sea and ecotech.

Dr Foster & Smth did have 20% regular price on the fourth. Surprised it was only listed on their site. Usually they send an email. Sometimes they will go up to 30% ! Again some manufacturers excluded or if item is already on sale.

I suggest just get on all your favorite sites’ email lists.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering before I make a large purchase if anything is out there or on the way?

Yes!! The 16th :) If what you're purchasing is MAP, it won't be discounted, though.

Depends what you are looking for. Some manufacturers don’t allow discounts unless they specifically offer the sale to all vendors. Like Red Sea and ecotech.

Dr Foster & Smth did have 20% regular price on the fourth. Surprised it was only listed on their site. Usually they send an email. Sometimes they will go up to 30% ! Again some manufacturers excluded or if item is already on sale.

I suggest just get on all your favorite sites’ email lists.

OUCH!

OP
OP
bobyboy

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at DIY T5 lighting plus bulbs plus dry stock all in all $500 or so, I'll hold off for a week to see what happens on the 16th!

OP
OP
bobyboy

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes!! The 16th :) If what you're purchasing is MAP, it won't be discounted, though.

OUCH!

Is your cart not encrypted? Why wouldn't your sales apply to map if it's a site wide and not a specific item being advertised.

OP
OP
bobyboy

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The MAP brands wouldn't allow that.

You should read your contract, the manufacturers can't control what you sell a product for. MAP only pertains to advertising and public listings of prices.
Go to Walmarts website and you'll find certain items have to be "added" to cart to see the price. Those items are generally MAP items.
I've been dealing with Sony and Samsung electronics for many years now and they where the pioneers of this great strategy.
Online stores work in much the same way as brick and mortar does, if you have a store wide sale that doesn't specify one item you can advertise it all day.

IMG_2667.PNG

Mr.Asbury

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:( just ordered $1,300 in stuff yesterday. Guess I should have looked here first! Waiting on another check to come in before ordering a lot more, hopefully it comes in time to place an order the 16th!

PugsAndFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fingers are crossed that RODI systems are included in the 'doorbusters'

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should read your contract, the manufacturers can't control what you sell a product for. MAP only pertains to advertising and public listings of prices.
Go to Walmarts website and you'll find certain items have to be "added" to cart to see the price. Those items are generally MAP items.
I've been dealing with Sony and Samsung electronics for many years now and they where the pioneers of this great strategy.
Online stores work in much the same way as brick and mortar does, if you have a store wide sale that doesn't specify one item you can advertise it all day.

IMG_2667.PNG

Yeah, that's true. Honestly, out of respect for our suppliers, I just don't see us doing that.

Will frozen foods be discounted? Need to place a big order

The frozen food brands are all MAP enforced :(

Is there a group buy signup this month?
@Bulk Reef Supply

We've combined group buys with Preferred Reefer 10x days to streamline the whole thing. These happen on the first Saturday of every month; no need to sign-up, your account is automatically converted :)

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Received email a few weeks ago for 10% off on some item @9pm pacific stander time expire 6:30am pacific time next morning

We typically send an announcement email the morning of a sale, then a reminder "final hours" email just in case you got distracted and didn't complete your purchase. I can see if we can adjust them up a little bit, though!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.4%
Back