Any experience with Liopropoma basslets?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zionas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I see. Good luck. If I can find any captive bred ones that would be cool. What does yours eat and is it picky?
Yea it eats it was out and about last night so maybe it comes out when i'm not looking when i first got it didnt eat for like 3 days but it started
 
Yea it eats it was out and about last night so maybe it comes out when i'm not looking when i first got it didnt eat for like 3 days but it started
I have found with timid fish they don’t come out when someone is infront of the tank unless they know it’s around feeding time or are used to the person. My tilefish didn’t come out unless it was feeding until he got used to me, there are some other times where I have had fish for two years and they still rarely come out when I’m looking at the tank (Most notable my Yasha Goby).
 
I just recently acquired an L. mowbrayi (Carribean Cave Basslet). I’ve had the fish for almost 2 weeks. She’s the most inquisitive fish I’ve ever had - though she is shy and sticks to her caves I had built for her. I’ve noticed her becoming bolder day by day. She’s in a species only aquarium that has a large cave system and the temp of the water is between 72-74 F. There isn’t a direct light on the aquarium. The only light the tank is getting is from the T5’s on my reef or from the kitchen lights. One of my favorite fish!
BEEF53C9-985A-4CE9-9241-E042BFB4A83C.jpeg

7E04E199-698A-4A08-90E5-2EAB06D5E9B3.jpeg
 
I just recently acquired an L. mowbrayi (Carribean Cave Basslet). I’ve had the fish for almost 2 weeks. She’s the most inquisitive fish I’ve ever had - though she is shy and sticks to her caves I had built for her. I’ve noticed her becoming bolder day by day. She’s in a species only aquarium that has a large cave system and the temp of the water is between 72-74 F. There isn’t a direct light on the aquarium. The only light the tank is getting is from the T5’s on my reef or from the kitchen lights. One of my favorite fish!
BEEF53C9-985A-4CE9-9241-E042BFB4A83C.jpeg

7E04E199-698A-4A08-90E5-2EAB06D5E9B3.jpeg
Got any plan for cooler water tank mates like another basslet? She looks beautiful!
 
Last edited:
Got any plan for cooler water tank mates like another basslet? She looks beautiful!
Thank you! She’s a stunner :) but as of tank mates, once I upgrade her to a larger tank I may pair her with a blue spot jawfish

Looks great! I hope you have a long time with it. Is your tank a FOWLR?
Thank you :) I hope so too! Yes, her tank is a FOWLR
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new