Any Experience With This Type Of LED Light ???

1stPhantom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

VIPARSPECTRA 165W LED Aquarium Light Dimmable Full Spectrum LED mm​

What do you guys think about this light im looking to get something like this this but don’t want to waste my money please help‍♂️♂️♂️

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're cheap and grow anything. That's the only plus sides.

Upvote 0

Boundava

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got one and am trying to figure out how to mount it above the tank without hanging it from the ceiling. My LFS has them above their coral and display tanks and they do well.
The light specifically states it does not have the options like sunrise/set, thunderstorm, or other preset programs. It does allow you to set a ramp up/down and control intensity of white vs blue. I have to figure out what to do for mounting over the tank before I can say for sure how I personally like it, but there are a few YouTube videos on it.

Upvote 0

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got one and am trying to figure out how to mount it above the tank without hanging it from the ceiling. My LFS has them above their coral and display tanks and they do well.
The light specifically states it does not have the options like sunrise/set, thunderstorm, or other preset programs. It does allow you to set a ramp up/down and control intensity of white vs blue. I have to figure out what to do for mounting over the tank before I can say for sure how I personally like it, but there are a few YouTube videos on it.
Unless there was a change in the controls I’m pretty sure they don’t ramp up/down. Do you have yours setup to ramp up/down?
With mine the only control is setting the time on/off and the intensity of the two channels.

Upvote 0

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These have been used for many years and are a solid light. It lacks features that newer lights have, but absolutely they can grow coral and make them look good

Upvote 0

Boundava

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless there was a change in the controls I’m pretty sure they don’t ramp up/down. Do you have yours setup to ramp up/down?
With mine the only control is setting the time on/off and the intensity of the two channels.
Sorry, I meant that you can change the white/blue with the timer so that the intensity changes during the day.

Upvote 0

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 37.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back