Any Filter Cup users out there ?

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you put anything under the GAC? I've always worried about AC particles going into the water column.
No I don't. I did when I was using some cheaper gac but now I use Reef Spec from Red Sea and it seems to be extremely clean.

Right now I'm trying a Chemi Pure Blue Nano (just one) pack instead of the gac to see what if any changes it makes in Nitrates and Phosphates since it also contains gac.

Coxey81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently decided to test out filter cups with filter pad instead of using filter socks. I got tired or washing and ordering new socks and figured I would give this a try. Attached are a few photos of what I bought so far. I tried both cups and ended up not using the Red Sea version because the rigidness of it made it hard to get in and out of the holder in my sump. The other cup was flexible and had some give to it which made it easier to remove for media changes. So far the filter pad is exhausting every two to three days. Just wanted to share my experience and see if anyone else had any tips or tricks to share !

B69E38AD-F604-4764-8615-735365AEF9E9.png C23CDCEB-C401-468D-A034-877898E50330.png C7C2512C-2DDF-490F-90EE-B917018FEBAF.png
Cool, think I'm gonna try this with the poly-fil.

My socks that came with my aquarium dont catch much of anything, lol. I can go nearly two weeks before I have to clean them... but I don't know what Micron size they are.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back